Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, August 11, 2012

A Place of Contentment

This mini-retreat was a great idea... definitely worth it!

Ready for the drive


First Stop: The Fogglifter
Blended Coffee & Blogging

Next Stop: The Lake!!!
Journal... Bible... Water... Beach


Enjoying the sun
Stayed the night w/ some family friends who have a beautiful home...
this is the view from the back porch where I read last night.


...and also where I read this morning.

I feel completely refreshed and energized - even after a week of battling strep throat and a staph infection upon returning from Panama! As I journaled this morning I was just overwhelmed with how my heart is truly content in Jesus. I pray that I would never lose sight of this! My confidence is found in Him and one thing I know I learned this summer is that I am completely capable of making decisions on my own because I am led by the Holy Spirit... not by every person who is around me. I can move forward with confidence!

This "place of contentment" is God's presence.
Nothing else will satisfy.
Our hearts are so flippant and continue searching for love and peace even after we've already been assured of an eternity with the Creator.
Forgive me for searching for love elsewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment