Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I should probably just stick to another list... if I do too much "talking" it will probably turn into "ranting" and nobody wants to hear that! As I have been trying to wake up and shake the grogginess out of my head for the last hour and a half I remembered that I needed to post "Thankful Thursday" and my first thought literally was, "but I'm too GRUMPY to do thankful Thursday!" Yes, spoken like a truly mature adult. 

Here's the lesson today 
(which may be the lesson far too often!) -- 

We need to choose to be thankful even when we have to muddle through grumpiness to get there. Don't allow the enemy to steal your joy by focusing solely on the stress, the tasks, the things going wrong, the things to do, etc.

"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up." Proverbs 12:25

"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22

-- I'm thankful for my new ski jacket!

-- I'm thankful for the Cru Christmas party tomorrow night!

-- I'm thankful for the opportunity to share tonight the ways the God has worked in my life recently!

-- I'm thankful for this week of house sitting and enjoying the peacefulness of a quiet home!

-- I'm thankful for snow in the mountains... I will soon be SKIING!

-- I'm thankful for accountability across time zones and state lines... and for video chat that allows us to stay in touch!

-- I'm thankful for Christmas movies!

-- I'm thankful for Tyrone Well's new album "This Love" ... it's amazing!

-- I'm thankful for time off work while I finish up the semester... because clearly I would have gone INSANE if I had to be at work at 7am AND try to finish these raggedy papers!

-- I'm thankful for my mom and her generosity!

There we go. Ten things that I am really, truly, genuinely thankful for. It does a grumpy heart good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment