Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Morning Musings -- A List For You

A list. Because it has become clear that I only have the ability to focus on one thing for about 5.9 seconds before I feel the need to move onto something else. (preferably, something more fun and exciting... and Christmas-y) HENCE, the reason why my productivity in preparing for finals week (aka - studying for an exam and finishing drafts for two twenty page writing projects. ha!) has been minimal, if I want to use a "generous" adjective. "Minimal" probably doesn't even describe how little progress I've made. 

*sigh*

"This too shall pass!" 

Amen and amen.

1. I discovered apple chips this weekend and they're AMAZING. The bag holds approximately two serving sizes (my measurement, not the bag's) and they're a kind of spendy treat.... so my goal this week is to figure out how to make them on my own! It can't be that hard. Besides, they will probably make a great study snack. 

2. I'm giving a presentation today using a POSTERBOARD. Talk about old school. It's been about twelve years since I've done that. I decided that this is proof that technology has enhanced our lives because I probably would have been done preparing for the presentation in HALF the time. And my knees hurt from kneeling on the floor to write on it. I don't know why I felt like posterboards must be created on the floor and not a table...

3. I'm house/dog sitting this week and last night I swear I heard an alarm go off at 3:08am. Not an alarm clock as in what I ignored three hours later, but something like a smoke detector or security system. I was convinced that either the house was on fire or there was a burglar. I literally jumped out of bed, but half way to the door the alarm stopped and I realized that if somebody WAS in the house, I was NOT going out there to find out! So I went back to bed, turned the lamp on, and stayed there wide awake and freaked out for almost an hour. When I woke up I couldn't decide if it really happened or I had a bad dream. I know I woke up and jumped out of bed, but the alarm just doesn't make sense. It seemed so real and loud at the time, though! Tonight, I'm going to sleep with a baseball bat by my bed.

4. 10 days until Christmas break!!!

5. Tomorrow morning I'm going to get a haircut and do some Christmas shopping. Do I have time to do these things? Probably not. But it's not my fault that the semester ends on December 21st! That is practically Christmas. And it's the day I leave for Portland... so I don't really have the option to wait until I'm done with finals. Maybe that will help with motivation? Do something fun and Christmas-y in the morning and then push through homework all afternoon? Hopefully.

6. Yesterday I got out my Linguistics textbook and made some tasty guacamole to sit down and bust out this assignment. I made it as far as opening my book and reading the first problem 25 times.... and then I scheduled an appointment with the linguistics tutors. Then I closed my book and moved onto my poster board. Productivity at it's FINEST.

7. I want there to be a snowstorm. I know that 95% of Boise is against me in that wish, but I will hold my ground!

8. I love, love, LOVE it when my friends from Panama City and the Darien Jungle instant message me on facebook. I get to work on my Spanish skills (they need some serious attention right now...) and it's a good reminder of the amazing things that God did in my life and the lives of SO many others this summer. AND it makes me excited about Summer 2013!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment