Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Morning Musings ...

1. I will probably need about 5 gallons of coffee today. Who wants to deliver a dutch bros kicker to me every hour? 

2. I had the privilege of attending an incredible conference w/ Cru this weekend in Spokane. I didn't necessarily come home with a detailed five year plan (that would have been too easy...), but I did hear some great talks from Roger Hershey (check out: http://www.rogerhershey.com/ to hear some of them), spend some quality time w/ the Cru staff and a good friend, eat breakfast in a fancy hotel, see snow, experience some refreshing times of worship, and a whole lot more... so thankful for the opportunity to go.

3. Okay, so when I say "a whole lot more," I mean there is no other road trip story to top what Stacia, Jessica and I experienced on the way to and from Spokane. Seriously. It involves electrical keys getting wet (in a toilet), giving a quick lesson on driving in the snow, getting lost in Touchet, WA, a very kind police officer who did not write us a ticket (thank you, JESUS), being given our room keys (which turned out to be a room full of Cru guys... that could have been awkward had we not realized that there were already 4 duffel bags in there before we went to sleep... in one of their beds), and then following the GPS home down the more dangerous highway (oops. I successfully avoided a whole community of deer just hanging out on the road, though.) .... we could make a movie with all of the absurd, ridiculous, and hysterical things that happened to us this weekend. I would say that I won't be going on a road trip in a long time, but Christmas in Portland will be here before I know it. Shoot.

4. Going from a rental car that has a button to start the engine instead of a regular key back to my quirky, rickety old Chevy Cavalier.... yeah, that was an awful transition. It was a sad moment leaving the new Nissan Altima behind at Enterprise this morning. Even Gannon didn't like it.

5. Random Fact: I will be turning 24 years old tomorrow. I love birthdays!!! Not even just mine... I just love a good reason to celebrate! A week ago, there was a chance of snow on my birthday. Now, there's not. BUT, miracles can happen! :)

5. In all of the craziness of this weekend I didn't finish my Composition & Rhetoric homework.... or finish studying for my linguistics test that I have in 5 hrs. That was NOT how this weekend was supposed to go. I don't know why I thought I'd have extra time/energy to do that! But staying up to study until 12:30am was also not the best idea... I woke up ten minutes AFTER I was supposed to be at work this morning.

6. Speaking of oversleeping -- I don't remember the last time that has happened, but I know that when it does, I feel so guilty. I get this awful sick to my stomach feeling of guilt. This morning Kerinda just brought the kids to my house and when I went out to the car to bring them inside, she said "we stopped by Starbucks and this is for you!" Even though I was late and threw off her morning and made her late. I feel like every time I have felt bad for something, she shows me the most genuine grace. I was about to cry as she handed me the coffee and said, "you probably need this." Yes, it's true. I have learned so much from this woman about giving and receiving grace. I don't deserve it. I was the one who screwed up. Not only did she not look or sound angry, but she gave me a gift. My mind just doesn't even understand grace like that... but it sure touches my heart in a very profound way. I can't even explain. Thank you, God, for reminders of YOUR grace. I am so overwhelmed.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm hoping you're feeling more up to your day by now! I'm also excited that tomorrow is your birthday... I love birthdays too! :) See you in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete