Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday: My favorite day of the week

Ahh... the 6th day of the week. No work, no school... I am completely in charge of my own schedule!

This day has been absolutely wonderful. The past few Saturdays have all been equally restful and glorious. I really, really, REALLY just love this day!

The weather has been BEAUTIFUL! I sit outside and read. I go running. I get homework and chores and errands done. And then I cook a big, delicious dinner and watch a few episodes of 24 with my housemates. It's the perfect combination of activities to make up the best day! Productivity, rest, peace, friendships, a traditional dinner & Jack Bauer. I usually have a saturday task list (including both the chores and fun stuff - sometimes I have to schedule in the "fun", too, to make sure that it happens!) -- and I love marking things off of a list. :)

This past week has been... difficult, to say the least. Monday morning, I already started wishing for the weekend. Midterms week at school, ATF is just crazy and busy in general, car problems, not feeling well... it's just been one of those weeks where "everything" seems to pile up at the same time. I did, of course, make it through the week. :) It was just a rough one.

Then today I woke up... and it was a BEAUTIFUL Saturday morning.

Thank you, Lord, for this peaceful day. You DO provide rest for those whom you love. There is light at the end of a hard week. You make me new. I don't have to dwell on what happened yesterday or get caught up in financial struggles or relational conflicts or daily failures... because your peace passes ALL understanding. I cannot fix my own life or just conjure up a "good" week - but I can choose to believe the truth and walk in obedience with the Lord and what He has called me to do. There I will find joy, despite my circumstances. I am just so grateful for this day, Lord Jesus. Thank you for knowing and understanding my heart and providing for my every need, even in the most simple things. You are so GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment