Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lord, Are You There?

I'm having a hard time writing today. I've become so passionate this summer about writing and the probability of including this long term in what God has called me to do. This is the third post I've started writing this afternoon, though, and it's just not flowing. I do love to write. I'm not really sure what I'm missing in this endeavor: passion? vision? discipline? Seems to me like it's vision... I definitely am someone who likes to have a plan completely laid out before I start something and understand "what it looks like" before I take the leap of faith. (I guess that's slightly contradictory, right?) This tendency of mine has been a hindrance in the past and I see it creeping back again. I so desperately want to be obedient in following Jesus, but how do I do that if I don't have instructions besides love God and love people. HOW do I love God and love people in light of the passions He has buried deep inside of me? I suppose, to sum it up, I'm WILLING, but lacking understanding.

As I mentioned last night, I saw "The Help" twice this past week and feel greatly inspired. I love that Skeeter wrote boldly about a taboo subject and didn't back down when it was uncomfortable or even dangerous. Her courageous dreams turned into actions and cultivated a change in the way people thought. She saw a problem and used her talents and connections to SPEAK UP. She had a message to communicate and so she did... she didn't wait for approval (she never would have gotten it). <-- [That alone is incredibly profound! "She had a message to communicate AND SO SHE DID. Shoot. How many people have a message to communicate, but still remain in their little bubble of safety and comfort? A lot of Christians do.] The subtitle of the movie explains it well: "Change begins with a whisper." I like that a lot. Baby steps are an important part of the process of learning to walk and run. Conversely, babies can't just hold onto the coffee table in hopes that one day they will automatically start to walk with ease. There is a process that involves shaky legs and falling a lot and getting help from someone who already knows how to walk. In all living things there is a process of growth. Why do I assume that I can just jump right to grown? Don't despise the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment