Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A List.

1. First of all, it is after 1:00 in the morning and I can't believe that I am still awake. So much for going to bed early/waking up early to ease the transition of the start of school! I guess I had to take advantage of my last chance to go to a late movie before I have to wake up early and go, go, go all day for real.

2. I saw "The Help" tonight for the second time this week and loved it. I think I left the movie theater more inspired than the first time I saw it. I admire Skeeter's boldness in pursuing her dream and standing up for what is right, despite the consequences. I just see some parallels to my own life, or at least what has been on my heart the last few months. Not just that I want to write, but that God CAN use that dream to influence the masses and effect people's lives! It's pretty awesome - and rare! - to leave the movie theater and feel empowered to go and change the world!

3. Classes start in 5 days and I am SO excited! I have my books, my new Timbuk2 bag (that I scored a deal on, on ebay), a new set of mechanical pencils, and I wrote out my schedule/class locations in my planner so I'm all ready for the first week. :) Not to mention, my plan to spend as much time as possible in the library. My mom's best friend's daughter just got married and they met in the library..... I think I just discovered my new favorite place to study. ;-)

4. Sooo... apparently this is going to be a SHORT list because it's now 1:33am and I need to close my eyes and go to sleep. More to come tomorrow. Hopefully my thoughts will be more organized, too. Until then, sweet dreams. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment