Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beauty...

A woman who fears the Lord is found BEAUTIFUL.
------------------------
Straight from my journal: "I don't need to get caught up in what I look like, what other people think, or if I'm at all attractive, because I DO fear the Lord and His light shines in and through me - that is what makes me beautiful."

Where do I search for security?

Who do I give power over my thoughts and emotions?

In whom do I place my trust?

I know that I have spent far too much time lately feeding a discontent heart as I compare myself to anyone around me. Whether it's comparing financial situations, appearance or lifestyle differences, there always seems to be SOME way that I am different from everyone else. I haven't felt "comfortable in my own skin" - as they say - recently and I know it is a result of this silly comparison game we have a tendency to play. It's ridiculous, really. Honestly, it wasn't until sometime in the past 24 hours that the truth hit me: Why am I even so bothered right now? It's a GOOD thing that I'm different. I'm strong enough to be who I want to be and stand firm on my own convictions. That is a sign of confidence, not weakness or immaturity or naivety. [Side Note: It's CRAZY how Satan can make something that IS actually confidence turn very quickly into "Wow, you're so immature."] Sometimes it's not even about convictions, but more about not changing who I am to "fit the mold" or appease the crowd. I heard a quote once that went something like this: I want to be so in love with Jesus that the things of the world are shocking and unnatural. Praise the Lord that I see evidence of this in my life! This whole comparison thing is still a struggle in my life... but I love getting excited about TRUTH and I am so grateful that the Lord continues to pour out His love and speak to me through His Word.

My beauty truly is found in the Lord and in my obedience to Him... I don't need to worry about anything else. His plans for me are GOOD and I will rest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment