Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Resolution

I don't generally pay too much attention to the hype of new year's resolutions. I am pretty open to making necessary changes in my life at any point in the year... I don't have to wait until January 1 to be proactive. Not that new year's resolutions are BAD, by any means. Over the past few days, though, I did think of one big thing that I want to focus on this year: Health - physical, spiritual, emotional, mental. Everything. I want to learn how to maintain a balanced lifestyle and sleep well (quality & quantity), eat well, and get plenty of exercise. (Just trying those things only has been overwhelming the past couple months!) I also want to focus on healthy relationships and healthy mindsets - filling my mind with truth, seeking first the Kingdom of God... so really, this resolution is all about priorities. First things first. Balance. My experience lately has been that I focus too much on one or two areas, that every other area suffers. (i.e. focus on eating/sleeping/exercising, but then I struggle with doing well in school and having consistent quiet times.) It has GOT to be possible to be balanced in all of those areas at the same time, right?! I know that I work well on a schedule, so time management is probably the first tool I should apply.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions... I'd be happy to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment