Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, October 4, 2013

when the LITTLE things are really the BIG things

Alrighty, friends... brace yourselves, because we are about to enter into a crazy time of life. We could call it "the great unknown" - you know, for dramatic effect and everything. By "we" I mean me. And I mean "crazy" in that in a mere 5.5 weeks I will turn a quarter of a century old, which just sounds OLD. Next, only 11 weeks from now, I will graduate from college. "What then?" you ask? Well, I'm taking a poll - so submit your suggestions via the comment box below! I will gladly review them all and take each idea into consideration. I'm praying that God will speak through you to help cast some vision....

But really.... I have no idea. :)

As I was just writing in my journal about this inner dilemma, I wrote to God: "I just want to live for you!" Before I even finished writing the words on the page I felt the reassurance/conviction in my heart -- 

Living for God has less to do with my choice of jobs and more to do with the condition of my heart and how that plays out in the day-to-day of life. It's all about the little things... the things that nobody sees and are often overlooked. These are the things that are most important and reveal most about who we are (and WHOSE we are!). 

Living for God starts with how I respond to everyday situations & frustrations. It is in how (or IF) I look for ways to serve & love the people around me. It's how I live and the choices I make when nobody's watching -- integrity: "We are who we say we are, and we always do the right thing, regardless of expediency"(Global Expeditions). Living for God has to do with how I choose to spend my time and where I focus my thoughts. 

It starts with the HEART, then overflows to everything else... actions, decisions, career choices, major life decisions, etc. Those are all just a reflection of an inward decision to follow Jesus. He constantly refines our hearts, which cause us to walk more closely with Him and reflect His glory.

It seems that those "little" things are actually pretty important; I'd venture to say they're the MOST important & have a pretty BIG impact on our lives.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for 
everything you do flows from it." - Proverbs 4:23

So what I have to remember in the midst of the coming craziness and decision making is this:

Everything will fall into place, because God is in control. If I focus on what's in my heart - and what's coming OUT of it - then I will be more naturally inclined to follow the Holy Spirit where it leads me. It is more valuable that my heart be positioned before the Lord than figuring out the details of a five-year plan... that will all come as a result of seeking the Lord and following Him closely. I want to walk so closely with Jesus that I just naturally go where He wants me to go and do what He wants me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment