Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Enjoying Life in the {MIDST}

*We (meaning I) interrupt this series on the "guard your heart myth" to bring you "life in the here and now"...

"Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS. I will say it again: REJOICE!" Philippians 4:4

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Always a reason to rejoice. Always a sweet piece of life to enjoy...

EVEN in the midst of chaos, stress, tiredness, confusion, high demands, busy schedules, and especially, brokenness. 

{He makes beautiful things out of us broken, weary people.}

Inspired by Kelle Hampton's post from yesterday, and a recent conversation with a friend about celebrating what I do accomplish, rather than condemning myself to failure when my "to do" list is not completely checked off at the end of the day... I am going to focus on how God is moving in the midst of all the aforementioned craziness. 

This inspiration coincidentally coincides with the traditional "Thankful Thursday"... which I have neglected to write in quite a few weeks. *Ahem* Probably related to my dire need to focus on such a topic NOW.

What are you celebrating today?

What are you praising God for providing?

How is the Lord moving, teaching, guiding, and shaping your life?

All things to be thankful for!

[I wish I had great pictures to emphasize these thoughts, like Kelle does.]

Even in the midst of a dozen balls dropping and rolling around obnoxiously at my feet as I struggle to maintain the slightest bit of sanity and productivity, I have much to be thankful for...

SO thankful for the deeply intense ways that God is growing & stretching me. Yes, it feels like it's all at once, but hey! It's so great! Struggle is part of the process of maturing and becoming more refined. So, bring it on. :)

SO very thankful for how God is providing financially for my summer overseas on the mission field & for next year when I will be on staff with Cru. Seriously, He is blowing my mind with how everything is coming together. 

Loving the fun I'm having with the kids I nanny... baking cookies, afternoon hikes, trips to the library, writing plays, and making art fairs. Really, I have the best job.

Thankful for just FUN times with my best friend -- painting mugs at Ceramica. Sometimes you need to drop every task and [temporarily] forget about the pressing deadlines and JUST do something for fun. It was incredibly relaxing. I love that when I texted her and said, "I need to do something light-hearted and fun..." She said, "Ceramica? Now?" So blessed by friendship.

Also-- this may seem less exciting and personal and inspirational, but I got an A on my Linguistics midterm. This is with the Professor and subject that last semester, I failed all three tests. I think it's safe to say that this A is a miracle! ;-)

I get to see my lovely Momma in FOUR days! So thankful for the opportunity to go visit my parents, grandparents & friends over spring break next week. Excited to meet with friends and tell them about what I'm doing with Cru next year AND to help serve at Easter at the Theater -- the Easter service for a new church plant, Freedom, in SE Portland. 

See? Even in the MIDST of it all... so much to celebrate & be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment