Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Friday, November 2, 2012

Living in a Swamp

Swamps are sticky and mushy. They are difficult to traverse through. They're thick; it's hard to move. They tend to be dark and gloomy. One of the dictionary definitions is "to render helpless," and "to overwhelm," and "unfit for cultivation" (I think that last one can be literal OR figurative... interesting.). Swamps are wet, yucky and mucky.


This is how I feel today: SWAMPED. Ugh.
It's not really a pretty sight.

[After my recent assignment on "descriptive writing," I definitely could have made that first paragraph much better. Maybe that's why I added the visual image... I am lacking adequate words! ;-) ]

I'm forgetting things that aren't even real. i.e. The whole way to BSU this morning I kept thinking that I forgot to do something that was on my to do list but could not for the life of me think of what it was... as soon as I found a booth to sit in and turned on my computer I checked the list and realized I hadn't forgotten anything after all. All of that for nothing!

Now I'm sitting here with the list of things I have left to do today and my schedule for the next week playing in my mind and I just have no idea where to even start. First things first, right? So does that mean I should do what was due yesterday first, or what is due today? Ouch.

I think I am soon going to hit a wall (at 10:30am. ha!) ... which is why I am so, so, so glad that I know these limits and quirks about myself! I just need to push through today - with a joyful heart - and tomorrow I am treating myself to a trip to the mountains. I will have a lot to do up there - mostly getting caught up on school work. But the beautiful drive and fresh air and even just feeling like I'm "away" is going to be completely worth it. 

I posted on facebook last night that my decision to take this little trip by myself is an example of introversion at it's finest. :) Really,  it's just a matter of knowing what I need and making that a priority. 

I feel like there are literally a thousand thoughts in all different directions racing through my mind... too fast to even do anything about a single one! I just need some time to slow down.

Do you know your limits? What do you do to "recharge"? 

No comments:

Post a Comment