Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Get Motivated!

You know what I love? Getting things done, being proactive, learning, growing, being challenged, seeing progress... I just get excited about seeing God MOVE in my life and in the people around me.

[He really is active and involved in our world, if we would just open our eyes!]

As you may have seen in the attitude of previous posts, I've been struggling with frustration because of the "weirdness" of life right now. There is so much change and confusion and unknown that I get overwhelmed often. 

You know what I hate? Complacency. I never want to find myself in a place of complacency or comfortable contentment. Yes, I can be content with what I have, but not where I'm at spiritually and emotionally. There is always so much room for growth.

When life seems to "get weird" - which will probably happen often - why should I just accept that? I tend to get caught up in analyzing the details of my life, which leads to confusion and feeling "stuck". The TRUTH is that our "God is not a God of disorder but of peace" (1 Corinthians 14:33). Therefore, I will not be content with disorder, but will actively "seek peace and pursue it" (1 Peter 3:11).

We will not be challenged or grow by simply wishing that it would happen. What are you doing to avoid complacency? What are you doing to pursue your own growth and development? Don't get caught up in the "weirdness" of life, but push toward the PEACE of God. That does not mean that if you struggle or deal with hurt or recognize the depravity of this world that you are somehow outside of God's peace - what an amazing design that His peace exceeds every possible circumstance and emotion. The things that bring us down, cause confusion, break relationships, or anything else - are not greater than the peace of God. This peace that transcends ALL understanding and guards our hearts and minds (Philippians 4:7).

It's okay to accept that life is weird and hard; that's reality. But what is MORE real than that is that I have chosen to life for my King and not for myself. I will not remain in the "weirdness," but choose to put myself in situations that will challenge me and cause growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment