Pages

"... the mind controlled by the Spirit is LIFE & PEACE." -- Romans 8:6

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

School started today. Tonight – as I sit at Rockwell's, skim through random college websites, drink my blended chocolate mint, etc, etc – is the calm before the storm. Trust me, I say that with great excitement, anticipation and only slight sarcasm. I am definitely a creature of habit. I love routine. “Consistency is spiritual currency.” I like to make and follow a schedule. This spring semester will definitely be a rigorous time crunch. 14 credits (4 classes) at TJC – 2 online and 2 on campus, 34 scheduled hours as the Office Manager of Acquire the Fire Operations, working at Grace Community Church doing childcare two nights a week, a lot of books to read, 25 ATF events remaining in “The Encounter” tour, coffee shops to visit, friendships to build and blog posts to write. :) Oh, yes. I love my life. My prayer is that even amidst this ever so slightly chaotic spring semester, I would not lose sight of the main thing: God is good and I live to serve Him. I pray that I would not get so caught up in work and school, that I forget about people. I hope that I would not be so immersed in what I have to do that I forget what I live to do. I don’t want to plan so much that I miss out on the fun. Lord, help me not to trade being, the maenjoying and serving for doing, working and striving. Help me to keep in thing the MAIN thing. HE is my reason for living. I pray that in everything I do this spring, Lord, I would bring glory to your name and reflect your love to everyone to I come into contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment